Kendrick is going to Japan - PSYCH!
PHILADELPHIA - February 16, 2008 (WPVI) -- The Phillies told Kyle Kendrick they traded him to the Yomiuri Giants on Saturday.
The trade to the Japanese baseball team was to be in exchange for Kobayashi Iwamura.
"Do they have good food in Japan?" a stunned Kendrick asked reporters. That's when Brett Myers come into the picture to break the news to Kendrick that a prank was played.
They also informed Kendrick that Iwamura, the player he was "traded" for, was actually a hot dog eating champion!
Check out Kendrick's reaction in the media carousel above!
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 39 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 3 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House