Kendrick is going to Japan - PSYCH!
PHILADELPHIA - February 16, 2008 (WPVI) -- The Phillies told Kyle Kendrick they traded him to the Yomiuri Giants on Saturday.
The trade to the Japanese baseball team was to be in exchange for Kobayashi Iwamura.
"Do they have good food in Japan?" a stunned Kendrick asked reporters. That's when Brett Myers come into the picture to break the news to Kendrick that a prank was played.
They also informed Kendrick that Iwamura, the player he was "traded" for, was actually a hot dog eating champion!
Check out Kendrick's reaction in the media carousel above!
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose