Teen jumps hurdles for Olympic dream
Friday, July 18, 2008
July 18, 2008 (WPVI) -- One ocal teen's life is full of hurdles, only, it's not the kind you think.
18-year-old Ryann Krais also might be one of the greatest track and field stars this area has ever produced.A 4-time state champ in the 300 Meter Hurdles; she never lost the event in high school, and that helped earn her a full scholarship to the top program in the country at UCLA. Recently Ryann returned from Poland, where she finished 9th in the world in the Heptathalon (that's 7 events!).
Did I mention the recent Methacton grad was also the school's homecoming queen? Ryann's got her sights set on the Olympics. Last month she got a taste of things at the Olympic Trials, but she's shooting to make Team USA in 2012.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
sports, jamie apody
- Snow today, heavy at times 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 46 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 31 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather
- Video: David Henry's noon report from Rittenhouse...
- Video: Katherine Scott's noon report from Delaware
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash
- Arrest made in murder over Beats headphones 4 min ago
- Snow today, heavy at times
39 min ago