Teen jumps hurdles for Olympic dream
Friday, July 18, 2008
July 18, 2008 (WPVI) -- One ocal teen's life is full of hurdles, only, it's not the kind you think.
18-year-old Ryann Krais also might be one of the greatest track and field stars this area has ever produced.A 4-time state champ in the 300 Meter Hurdles; she never lost the event in high school, and that helped earn her a full scholarship to the top program in the country at UCLA. Recently Ryann returned from Poland, where she finished 9th in the world in the Heptathalon (that's 7 events!).
Did I mention the recent Methacton grad was also the school's homecoming queen? Ryann's got her sights set on the Olympics. Last month she got a taste of things at the Olympic Trials, but she's shooting to make Team USA in 2012.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
sports, jamie apody
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 43 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 46 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 5 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 35 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
43 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
41 min ago