Phillies Phestival raises record amount for ALS
PHILADELPHIA - JULY 28, 2008 -- A sellout crowd turned out at Citizens Bank Park in South Philadelphia tonight for the 19th annual Phillies Phestival for ALS.
The event raised a record $758,540 to fight what's known as Lou Gehrig's disease. Since the Phillies adopted ALS as their primary charity, the event has raised more than $10 million to battle the always fatal, progessive neuromuscular disease.
The Phillies entire squad and coaching staff, their wives and the broadcast team were on hand to lend their support.
Dozens of ALS patients and their families were also there to enjoy the festivities.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 47 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 6 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
47 min ago