Roethlisberger refutes rape lawsuit
PITTSBURGH (AP) - July 23, 2009 -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says allegations by a Lake Tahoe casino hostess that he raped her a year ago are "reckless and false."
Roethlisberger read a statement Thursday at the Steelers practice complex in Pittsburgh. He did not respond to questions, saying he would let the legal process run its course.
A 31-year-old Nevada woman has filed a civil lawsuit alleging the Super Bowl winning quarterback raped her in a hotel penthouse last year.
Roethlisberger called the accusation "outrageous."
"I would never, ever force myself on a woman," he said.
He said he will fight the lawsuit while remaining focused on the upcoming football season.
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 38 min ago
- Record Warmth! 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
38 min ago
- Record Warmth!
23 min ago