Roethlisberger refutes rape lawsuit
PITTSBURGH (AP) - July 23, 2009 -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says allegations by a Lake Tahoe casino hostess that he raped her a year ago are "reckless and false."
Roethlisberger read a statement Thursday at the Steelers practice complex in Pittsburgh. He did not respond to questions, saying he would let the legal process run its course.
A 31-year-old Nevada woman has filed a civil lawsuit alleging the Super Bowl winning quarterback raped her in a hotel penthouse last year.
Roethlisberger called the accusation "outrageous."
"I would never, ever force myself on a woman," he said.
He said he will fight the lawsuit while remaining focused on the upcoming football season.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 31 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ