Nuggets spoil AI's return to Philly with 93-83 win
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 7, 2009 -- Chauncey Billups and Denver ruined Allen Iverson's homecoming.Billups scored 31 points and Carmelo Anthony had 14 to help the Nuggets spoil Iverson's return to Philadelphia with a 93-83 win over the 76ers on Monday night.
The Nuggets went on a 22-3 run over the third and fourth quarters to rally for their fourth straight win.
Iverson's rousing return did little to mask the fact that the Sixers are a lousy team. They've lost 10 straight, and only one-win New Jersey has a worse record in the Eastern Conference.
Iverson received a standing ovation when he left in the fourth quarter. He scored 11 points on 4-for-11 shooting and had six assists.
Iverson bowed and kissed the logo at midcourt when he was introduced as the sellout crowd of 20,664 roared.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, allen iverson, sports
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos