Nuggets spoil AI's return to Philly with 93-83 win
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 7, 2009 -- Chauncey Billups and Denver ruined Allen Iverson's homecoming.Billups scored 31 points and Carmelo Anthony had 14 to help the Nuggets spoil Iverson's return to Philadelphia with a 93-83 win over the 76ers on Monday night.
The Nuggets went on a 22-3 run over the third and fourth quarters to rally for their fourth straight win.
Iverson's rousing return did little to mask the fact that the Sixers are a lousy team. They've lost 10 straight, and only one-win New Jersey has a worse record in the Eastern Conference.
Iverson received a standing ovation when he left in the fourth quarter. He scored 11 points on 4-for-11 shooting and had six assists.
Iverson bowed and kissed the logo at midcourt when he was introduced as the sellout crowd of 20,664 roared.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, allen iverson, sports
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run