Nuggets spoil AI's return to Philly with 93-83 win
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 7, 2009 -- Chauncey Billups and Denver ruined Allen Iverson's homecoming.Billups scored 31 points and Carmelo Anthony had 14 to help the Nuggets spoil Iverson's return to Philadelphia with a 93-83 win over the 76ers on Monday night.
The Nuggets went on a 22-3 run over the third and fourth quarters to rally for their fourth straight win.
Iverson's rousing return did little to mask the fact that the Sixers are a lousy team. They've lost 10 straight, and only one-win New Jersey has a worse record in the Eastern Conference.
Iverson received a standing ovation when he left in the fourth quarter. He scored 11 points on 4-for-11 shooting and had six assists.
Iverson bowed and kissed the logo at midcourt when he was introduced as the sellout crowd of 20,664 roared.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, allen iverson, sports
- Runway littered with holiday mail 21 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 25 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 13 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 32 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 15 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 44 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
51 min ago