Iverson to miss NBA All-Star Game
DALLAS (AP) - February 11, 2010 -- Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers won't play in the All-Star game this weekend.
Both former NBA MVPs were voted into the starting lineups by fans.
The NBA announced Thursday that Bryant will be replaced by Dallas point guard Jason Kidd on the Western Conference roster. Iverson's spot in the Eastern Conference will be filled by New York forward David Lee.
Bryant missed his third straight game for the lakers Wednesday night with a sore left ankle.
Iverson missed his fifth straight game for the 76ers Wednesday night to be with his sick daughter.
Kidd will be making his 10th All-Star appearance, while Lee is a first-time All-Star.
The coaches will determine which players will replace Bryant and Iverson in the starting lineup.
The game is Sunday at Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, allen iverson, sports
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...