Iverson to miss NBA All-Star Game
DALLAS (AP) - February 11, 2010 -- Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers won't play in the All-Star game this weekend.
Both former NBA MVPs were voted into the starting lineups by fans.
The NBA announced Thursday that Bryant will be replaced by Dallas point guard Jason Kidd on the Western Conference roster. Iverson's spot in the Eastern Conference will be filled by New York forward David Lee.
Bryant missed his third straight game for the lakers Wednesday night with a sore left ankle.
Iverson missed his fifth straight game for the 76ers Wednesday night to be with his sick daughter.
Kidd will be making his 10th All-Star appearance, while Lee is a first-time All-Star.
The coaches will determine which players will replace Bryant and Iverson in the starting lineup.
The game is Sunday at Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, allen iverson, sports
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school 46 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend