Iverson to miss NBA All-Star Game
DALLAS (AP) - February 11, 2010 -- Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers won't play in the All-Star game this weekend.
Both former NBA MVPs were voted into the starting lineups by fans.
The NBA announced Thursday that Bryant will be replaced by Dallas point guard Jason Kidd on the Western Conference roster. Iverson's spot in the Eastern Conference will be filled by New York forward David Lee.
Bryant missed his third straight game for the lakers Wednesday night with a sore left ankle.
Iverson missed his fifth straight game for the 76ers Wednesday night to be with his sick daughter.
Kidd will be making his 10th All-Star appearance, while Lee is a first-time All-Star.
The coaches will determine which players will replace Bryant and Iverson in the starting lineup.
The game is Sunday at Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, allen iverson, sports
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 37 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos