Iverson to miss NBA All-Star Game
DALLAS (AP) - February 11, 2010 -- Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers and Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers won't play in the All-Star game this weekend.
Both former NBA MVPs were voted into the starting lineups by fans.
The NBA announced Thursday that Bryant will be replaced by Dallas point guard Jason Kidd on the Western Conference roster. Iverson's spot in the Eastern Conference will be filled by New York forward David Lee.
Bryant missed his third straight game for the lakers Wednesday night with a sore left ankle.
Iverson missed his fifth straight game for the 76ers Wednesday night to be with his sick daughter.
Kidd will be making his 10th All-Star appearance, while Lee is a first-time All-Star.
The coaches will determine which players will replace Bryant and Iverson in the starting lineup.
The game is Sunday at Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, allen iverson, sports
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 22 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
4 min ago