Wescott avoids trouble, gets snowboardcross gold
WEST VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - February 15, 2010 -- American Seth Wescott has defended his Olympic title, overtaking Canada's Mike Robertson to win the gold medal in the wild sport of men's snowboardcross.Wescott, who struggled in qualifying, was seeded 17th of the 32 riders Monday but came out with his second gold medal, and America's second of the Winter Olympics.
He overcame a big deficit against Robertson, taking the lead about two-thirds of the way down the course and hanging on at the end.
France's Tony Ramoin took bronze and America's Nate Holland finished fourth after spinning out early in the race.
winter olympics, sports
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police