Wescott avoids trouble, gets snowboardcross gold
WEST VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - February 15, 2010 -- American Seth Wescott has defended his Olympic title, overtaking Canada's Mike Robertson to win the gold medal in the wild sport of men's snowboardcross.Wescott, who struggled in qualifying, was seeded 17th of the 32 riders Monday but came out with his second gold medal, and America's second of the Winter Olympics.
He overcame a big deficit against Robertson, taking the lead about two-thirds of the way down the course and hanging on at the end.
France's Tony Ramoin took bronze and America's Nate Holland finished fourth after spinning out early in the race.
winter olympics, sports
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?