Wescott avoids trouble, gets snowboardcross gold
WEST VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - February 15, 2010 -- American Seth Wescott has defended his Olympic title, overtaking Canada's Mike Robertson to win the gold medal in the wild sport of men's snowboardcross.Wescott, who struggled in qualifying, was seeded 17th of the 32 riders Monday but came out with his second gold medal, and America's second of the Winter Olympics.
He overcame a big deficit against Robertson, taking the lead about two-thirds of the way down the course and hanging on at the end.
France's Tony Ramoin took bronze and America's Nate Holland finished fourth after spinning out early in the race.
winter olympics, sports
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 46 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 19 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 44 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 45 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 2 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 1 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
42 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
41 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
46 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
45 min ago