Rondo double-double lifts Celtics past 76ers
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - March 5, 2010 -- Rajon Rondo had 16 points and 11 assists, Kevin Garnett scored 22 points and the Boston Celtics handed the Philadelphia 76ers their fifth straight loss, 96-86 on Friday night.
Ray Allen scored 16 points and Glen Davis had 12 for the Celtics. The aging Celtics - they just added Michael Finley - couldn't put away the lowly Sixers until the end.
Rondo missed a dunk down the lane that the Sixers used to score two free throws on the other end and slice the deficit to 90-85. The Celtics didn't let the Sixers score a field goal over the final 3 minutes and sealed it from the free-throw line to win their third straight game.
Lou Williams led the Sixers with 22 points, and Elton Brand had 17.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 55 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 18 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 47 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
18 min ago