Rondo double-double lifts Celtics past 76ers
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - March 5, 2010 -- Rajon Rondo had 16 points and 11 assists, Kevin Garnett scored 22 points and the Boston Celtics handed the Philadelphia 76ers their fifth straight loss, 96-86 on Friday night.
Ray Allen scored 16 points and Glen Davis had 12 for the Celtics. The aging Celtics - they just added Michael Finley - couldn't put away the lowly Sixers until the end.
Rondo missed a dunk down the lane that the Sixers used to score two free throws on the other end and slice the deficit to 90-85. The Celtics didn't let the Sixers score a field goal over the final 3 minutes and sealed it from the free-throw line to win their third straight game.
Lou Williams led the Sixers with 22 points, and Elton Brand had 17.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Fmr. Chester Co. teacher faces child porn charges 20 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 11 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 36 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 25 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos