Bulls snap 10-game losing streak vs. Sixers
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - March 20, 2010 -- Derrick Rose scored 23 points in his return from a a sprained left wrist, and the Chicago Bulls snapped their losing streak at 10 games with a 98-84 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night.
Kirk Hinrich added 17 points and 11 assists, Brad Miller had 16 points, and Hakim Warrick 13 for the Bulls, who entered the night 2½ games behind Toronto for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Marreese Speights had 17 points and 11 rebounds for Philadelphia. The 76ers have lost 12 of their last 14 games and are 11-23 at home.
Samuel Dalembert added 16 points for Philadelphia, Andre Iguodala had 11, and Jrue Holiday had 10 points and a career-high 10 rebounds.
Chicago built a 21-point lead and had a 77-62 advantage after the third quarter.
Joakim Noah and Miller scored consecutive baskets to open the fourth to quickly put the Bulls back ahead by 19. The Sixers, 1 of 17 from 3-point range, never got within single digits the rest of the way.
Rose missed the Bulls' previous four games, while Noah returned after missing 10 straight games because of a left foot injury.
NOTES: Iguodala is 1 for 26 from 3-point range in his last eight games. ... Philadelphia forward Thaddeus Young (right thumb fracture) was inactive. ... The Bulls committed only two turnovers in the first half. ... Sixers guard Lou Williams didn't play in the second half because of back spasms. ... Chicago forward Chris Richard was whistled for a technical foul with 59.2 seconds left in the third quarter.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school 54 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend