Magic beat 76ers to reach 50 wins again
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - March 22, 2010 -- Rashard Lewis scored 24 points, Dwight Howard added 23 points and 15 rebounds, and the Orlando Magic notched their third straight 50-win season with a 109-93 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday night.Vince Carter contributed 17 points and Matt Barnes had 14 for the Southeast Division-leading Magic (50-21), who won 50 games in three straight seasons for the first time since 1993-96. The Magic have won three straight and 10 of 11. Mickael Pietrus and Jason Williams had 10 apiece.
Howard was 9 for 11 from the field in his league-leading 55th double-double for Orlando, which has won seven consecutive regular-season games against the Sixers.
Andre Iguodala and Elton Brand led the Sixers with 23 points apiece.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 48 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 40 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 44 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 33 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
35 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
53 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
50 min ago