Sixers earn No. 2 pick in NBA draft
SECAUCUS, N.J. - May 19, 2010 -- The Philadelphia 76ers moved up from the sixth spot to grab the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft following a disappointing season.
Philadelphia brought a lucky charm, a used hockey stick from the Philadelphia Flyers' rally from 3-0 down to stun the Boston Bruins in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Still looking for a coach after firing former Wizards coach Eddie Jordan, they stand to grab either national player of the year Evan Turner of Ohio State or Kentucky freshman John Wall.
"We had a rough year," team president Ed Stefanski said. "We feel that our talent was better than our record but we have to prove it now."
The Washington Wizards earned the No. 1 spot, while the New Jersey Nets earned No. 3.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Snow today, heavy at times 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 14 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
49 min ago