AP Source: 76ers agree to trade Dalembert to Kings
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - June 17, 2010 -- A person familiar with the decision says the Sacramento Kings have agreed to acquire Sam Dalembert from the Philadelphia 76ers for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Thursday because the deal is still awaiting league approval.
Dalembert was Philadelphia's longest-tenured player, but he never developed into a dominant force after being drafted in the first round in 2001. The 6-foot-11 center averaged 8.1 points and 8.3 rebounds over eight seasons. He was unhappy with his role and asked for a trade last year.
Nocioni, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 8.5 points for the Kings last season. Hawes, a 7-foot-1 center, averaged 10 points and 6.1 rebounds last season. Hawes was Sacramento's first-round draft pick in 2007.
AP Sports Writer Dan Gelston contributed to this report.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 18 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list