AP Source: 76ers agree to trade Dalembert to Kings
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - June 17, 2010 -- A person familiar with the decision says the Sacramento Kings have agreed to acquire Sam Dalembert from the Philadelphia 76ers for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Thursday because the deal is still awaiting league approval.
Dalembert was Philadelphia's longest-tenured player, but he never developed into a dominant force after being drafted in the first round in 2001. The 6-foot-11 center averaged 8.1 points and 8.3 rebounds over eight seasons. He was unhappy with his role and asked for a trade last year.
Nocioni, a 6-foot-7 forward, averaged 8.5 points for the Kings last season. Hawes, a 7-foot-1 center, averaged 10 points and 6.1 rebounds last season. Hawes was Sacramento's first-round draft pick in 2007.
AP Sports Writer Dan Gelston contributed to this report.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 22 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 4 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos