76ers sign No. 2 overall pick Turner
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - July 14, 2010 -- The Philadelphia 76ers have signed No. 2 overall draft pick Evan Turner.
Sixers president Ed Stefanski announced the signing of The Associated Press Player of the Year on Wednesday.
Turner averaged 20.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists while leading Ohio State into the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament. The 21-year-old Turner, 6-foot-7, 210 pounds, left the Buckeyes after his junior year and is considered one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft.
He's expected to start at shooting guard for the Sixers.
Turner will be paid at least $3,835,600 in the first year of his deal, $4,123,200 in the second, and $4,410,900 if the Sixers pick up his third-year option.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 13 min ago
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos