Men carrying Mexican flags run on Mets field in protest
NEW YORK (AP) - July 30, 2010 -- Two men carrying Mexican flags in protest of Arizona's immigration law ran into the outfield during the seventh inning of the New York Mets' game against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night at Citi Field.
The men were apprehended by security fairly quickly without much incident.
Prior to the game, about 40 people across the street from the ballpark chanted "Oppose racism!" and "Boycott Arizona!"
Others stationed closer to the subway exit handed out leaflets that requested Major League Baseball move next year's All-Star game out of Phoenix.
new york, arizona, immigration, sports
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 3 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 32 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 31 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 29 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 28 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 35 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 26 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 39 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
36 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
3 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
32 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
39 min ago