76ers advise Nocioni skip world championship
PHILADELPHIA - August 26, 2010 -- The Philadelphia 76ers have advised injured forward Andres Nocioni to skip the upcoming world championships because of an injured left ankle.
Nocioni, a 6-foot-7 forward, was scheduled to play for Argentina.
After an MRI exam on the ankle, the Sixers team doctor recommended that Nocioni stop all basketball and impact activity until the team opens training camp at the end of September.
Upon Nocioni's return to Philadelphia, another MRI exam will be taken of his left ankle.
He was acquired from Sacramento this summer as part of the trade that sent Sam Dalembert to the Kings.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 21 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
21 min ago