76ers advise Nocioni skip world championship
PHILADELPHIA - August 26, 2010 -- The Philadelphia 76ers have advised injured forward Andres Nocioni to skip the upcoming world championships because of an injured left ankle.
Nocioni, a 6-foot-7 forward, was scheduled to play for Argentina.
After an MRI exam on the ankle, the Sixers team doctor recommended that Nocioni stop all basketball and impact activity until the team opens training camp at the end of September.
Upon Nocioni's return to Philadelphia, another MRI exam will be taken of his left ankle.
He was acquired from Sacramento this summer as part of the trade that sent Sam Dalembert to the Kings.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 26 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!