Richardson leads No. 1 Tide past Penn State 24-3
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - September 11, 2010 -- Trent Richardson ran for 144 yards in place of injured Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram, leading No. 1 Alabama to a 24-3 win over No. 18 Penn State on Saturday night.
The Crimson Tide (2-0) hardly slowed down without Ingram, and a young defense forced Rob Bolden and the Nittany Lions (1-1) into several turnovers to end promising drives.
It was the first time Penn State was held without a touchdown since a 13-3 loss at Wisconsin in 2006. The shutout lasted until the final 10 minutes.
With Ingram sidelined for the second straight game with a knee injury, Richardson pulled a pretty good imitation. He plowed through and sidestepped tackles and scored on a short touchdown run. He also had four catches for 46 yards.
Alabama QB Greg McElroy completed 16 of 24 passes for 229 yards and two touchdowns.
penn state, big ten, sports
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 8 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos