Richardson leads No. 1 Tide past Penn State 24-3
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - September 11, 2010 -- Trent Richardson ran for 144 yards in place of injured Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram, leading No. 1 Alabama to a 24-3 win over No. 18 Penn State on Saturday night.
The Crimson Tide (2-0) hardly slowed down without Ingram, and a young defense forced Rob Bolden and the Nittany Lions (1-1) into several turnovers to end promising drives.
It was the first time Penn State was held without a touchdown since a 13-3 loss at Wisconsin in 2006. The shutout lasted until the final 10 minutes.
With Ingram sidelined for the second straight game with a knee injury, Richardson pulled a pretty good imitation. He plowed through and sidestepped tackles and scored on a short touchdown run. He also had four catches for 46 yards.
Alabama QB Greg McElroy completed 16 of 24 passes for 229 yards and two touchdowns.
penn state, big ten, sports
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 41 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 31 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 2 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos