No. 17 Iowa beats No. 22 Penn State 24-3
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - October 2, 2010 -- Ricky Stanzi threw for 227 yards and a touchdown and ran for a score, and No. 17 Iowa overwhelmed 22nd-ranked Penn State 24-3 for its third straight win over the Nittany Lions.
Adam Robinson added 95 yards rushing for the Hawkeyes (4-1, 1-0 Big Ten), who recorded their biggest win ever over Penn State.
Iowa raced out to a 17-0 lead late in the first half on Stanzi's 9-yard TD pass to Derrell Johnson-Koulianos and his 1-yard plunge.
The Hawkeyes stopped Rob Bolden on fourth-and-goal from the 1 in the third quarter, and Shaun Prater returned an interception 33 yards for a TD with 1:27 left.
Bolden had 212 yards passing for Penn State (3-2, 0-1), which has scored just six points in a pair of road losses to Alabama and the Hawkeyes.
Iowa's 21-point victory surpassed its 19-0 win over the Nittany Lions in 1930.
penn state, big ten, sports
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 53 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 39 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 55 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 32 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos