Nets spoil preseason opener of cold-shooting 76ers
ROANOKE, Va. - October 6, 2010 -- Brook Lopez scored 24 points, Terrence Williams added 20, and the New Jersey Nets beat the Philadelphia 76ers 103-96 in an exhibition game Tuesday night.
The Nets shot 51 percent from the field and went 8 of 12 from 3-point range in their first action against an NBA opponent. They beat Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli Premier League on Sunday night.
Marreese Speights scored 19 points and Elton Brand added 15 for Philadelphia, which shot just 2 of 18 (11 percent) from 3-point range in its debut under new coach Doug Collins.
Evan Turner, the No. 2 pick in the draft after winning player of the year honors at Ohio State, made only 1 of 6 shots but was 10 for 12 from the free throw line for 12 points.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos