Shaq makes Celtics' debut in 93-65 win over 76ers
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- Shaquille O'Neal scored eight points in his debut with the Boston Celtics and the defending Eastern Conference champions opened their preseason with a 93-65 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night.
Ray Allen led Boston with 14 points, including two 3-pointers, while Glen `Big Baby' Davis and Semih Erden both had 13 points.
But it was "The Diesel's Debut" that grabbed much of the attention.
The Celtics, who lost an epic Game 7 of the NBA finals to the Los Angeles Lakers, returned coach Doc Rivers, who considered retirement, as well as Allen and Paul Pierce - both of whom could have left via free agency.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash