Shaq makes Celtics' debut in 93-65 win over 76ers
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- Shaquille O'Neal scored eight points in his debut with the Boston Celtics and the defending Eastern Conference champions opened their preseason with a 93-65 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night.
Ray Allen led Boston with 14 points, including two 3-pointers, while Glen `Big Baby' Davis and Semih Erden both had 13 points.
But it was "The Diesel's Debut" that grabbed much of the attention.
The Celtics, who lost an epic Game 7 of the NBA finals to the Los Angeles Lakers, returned coach Doc Rivers, who considered retirement, as well as Allen and Paul Pierce - both of whom could have left via free agency.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, wachovia center, sports
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 55 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 20 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 36 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 12 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
55 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
18 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
36 min ago