La Salle knocks off St. Bonaventure 75-73 in 2OT
OLEAN, N.Y. (AP) - March 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steve Weingarten hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 32 seconds left in the second overtime as 10th-seeded La Salle knocked off seventh-seeded St. Bonaventure 75-73 Tuesday night to reach the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament.
The Explorers (15-17), who will play No. 2 seed Temple on Friday, trailed by 14 in regulation and overcame a seven-point deficit with 1:22 left in the first overtime.
The Bonnies (16-14) led 71-67 with 3:04 remaining, then Jerrell Williams, who paced La Salle with 19 points, made a layup and Tyreek Duren's two free throws tied it with 2:32 left.
After Michael Davenport hit two foul shots to push St. Bonaventure ahead with 42 seconds to go, Weingarten hit his 3.
Ruben Guillandeaux added 18 points for the Explorers, including the tying shots in regulation and the first OT.
Andrew Nicholson's 30 points led the Bonnies.
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment 45 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 47 min ago
- 2 injured in crash on I-95 near Cottman in Tacony
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra