La Salle knocks off St. Bonaventure 75-73 in 2OT
OLEAN, N.Y. (AP) - March 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Steve Weingarten hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 32 seconds left in the second overtime as 10th-seeded La Salle knocked off seventh-seeded St. Bonaventure 75-73 Tuesday night to reach the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament.
The Explorers (15-17), who will play No. 2 seed Temple on Friday, trailed by 14 in regulation and overcame a seven-point deficit with 1:22 left in the first overtime.
The Bonnies (16-14) led 71-67 with 3:04 remaining, then Jerrell Williams, who paced La Salle with 19 points, made a layup and Tyreek Duren's two free throws tied it with 2:32 left.
After Michael Davenport hit two foul shots to push St. Bonaventure ahead with 42 seconds to go, Weingarten hit his 3.
Ruben Guillandeaux added 18 points for the Explorers, including the tying shots in regulation and the first OT.
Andrew Nicholson's 30 points led the Bonnies.
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 43 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 15 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
15 min ago