White, Leonard lead Aztecs past Temple in 2 OTs
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - March 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Billy White had 16 points and 13 rebounds and Kawhi Leonard sealed San Diego State's exhausting, 71-64 double-overtime victory over Temple with a steal and a slam dunk in a third-round NCAA tournament thriller on Saturday.
White sank the go-ahead jumper and Leonard made two free throws as the second-seeded Aztecs (34-2) used one last burst of their magnificent athleticism to finally put away the pesky, No. 7 seed Owls (26-7).
Ramone Moore scored 17 for Temple, which was coming off a 66-64 last-second victory over Penn State in the second round. San Diego State, never an NCAA tournament winner before this season, advanced to the West regional semifinals Thursday in Anaheim, Calif., against the winner of Saturday night's Cincinnati-Connecticut matchup.
temple owls, ncaa basketball, arizona, sports
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos