Results of the Blue Cross Broad Street Run
PHILADELPHIA - May 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a picture-perfect day to run 10 miles down Broad Street, and that's exactly what some 30,000 people did on Sunday for the 2011 Blue Cross Broad Street Run.
They started in front of Central High and ran straight down to the Navy Yard with fans cheering them along the entire way.
It took the winners less than an hour to cross the finish line.
The men's winner was Ketema Migusse, with an unofficial time of 46 minutes, 30 seconds. He placed second last year, when the race was run in 90-degree heat.
"The weather was very nice today," Migusse said. "Last year was very hot.
The women's winner was Lauren Laielli with a time of 54 minutes, 27 seconds.
The Action News team was well represented, with Cecily Tynan setting a personal record for this race and Adam Joseph just a few seconds off his own record pace. They (of course) credited the great weather for helping them out along the way.
"It was dangerous last year, 20 degrees warmer, high humidity. Today, you couldn't ask for better," said Adam.
Ali Gorman barely seemed winded as she crossed the finish line. She said she was inspired by the many cancer survivors who ran the race, which benefits the American Cancer Society.
"There are so many cancer survivors running this race, including my sister, so it was so special to see that," Ali said.
This was Brian Taff's first run down Broad Street, but he says he's planning to make it an annual tradition.
"I'd never run this distance in my entire live. I cant believe I finished!" said Brian.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, charity, broad street run, sports
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 30 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 35 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
30 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
41 min ago
- Milder Monday
33 min ago