Couple marries at Citizens Bank Park
PHILADELPHIA - July 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Who needs to tailgate when you can tie the knot instead right before the Phillies game?
For Rob and Jackie Hackl, their wedding was a home run.
The Northern Liberties couple tied the knot Sunday at Citizens Bank Park.
"If you get married at the park it's on an off home game. We didn't want to do that. We wanted to get married at the park and watch the Phillies play," said the bride.
The entire ceremony was Phillies themed, including the dress code - the bride's veil and rally towels for their guests.
After the ceremony, the couple and their guests enjoyed cheesesteaks as they watched the Phillies play the Atlanta Braves.
Across the street at Lincoln Financial Field, the line was out the door to audition to perform the national anthem during an Eagles home game.
Over 400 people came out for their chance to compete.
In the end, 25 people will make it to the next round, where three winners and an alternate will be chosen.
philadelphia eagles, philadelphia phillies, citizens bank park, lincoln financial field, weddings, sports
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs