Couple marries at Citizens Bank Park
PHILADELPHIA - July 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Who needs to tailgate when you can tie the knot instead right before the Phillies game?
For Rob and Jackie Hackl, their wedding was a home run.
The Northern Liberties couple tied the knot Sunday at Citizens Bank Park.
"If you get married at the park it's on an off home game. We didn't want to do that. We wanted to get married at the park and watch the Phillies play," said the bride.
The entire ceremony was Phillies themed, including the dress code - the bride's veil and rally towels for their guests.
After the ceremony, the couple and their guests enjoyed cheesesteaks as they watched the Phillies play the Atlanta Braves.
Across the street at Lincoln Financial Field, the line was out the door to audition to perform the national anthem during an Eagles home game.
Over 400 people came out for their chance to compete.
In the end, 25 people will make it to the next round, where three winners and an alternate will be chosen.
philadelphia eagles, philadelphia phillies, citizens bank park, lincoln financial field, weddings, sports
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 41 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 24 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 1 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
55 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
41 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
24 min ago