AP Sources: NFL players review parts of deal
July 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Two people familiar with NFL negotiations tell The Associated Press the players' executive committee has reviewed portions of a proposed deal to end the lockout, but hasn't voted on it.
A full agreement in principle hasn't been completed, and another person familiar with the talks said there is no guarantee a full document will be finished Wednesday.
The people spoke Tuesday to the AP on condition of anonymity because the process is supposed to remain confidential.
While lawyers from both sides worked on contract language in New York, the leadership of the NFL Players Association met at the group's headquarters in Washington. Representatives of all 32 teams are supposed to arrive Wednesday.
Owners meet Thursday in Atlanta and could vote - if a full deal is ready.
lockout, nfl, sports
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 35 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 10 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball