Fan explains why he threw hot dog at Tiger Woods
PETALUMA, Calif. (AP) - October 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- A California man arrested for throwing a hot dog at Tiger Woods during a tournament says he wanted to do something "courageous and epic."
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that Brandon Kelly of Petaluma said he got the idea after watching the movie "Drive," about a stunt driver who moonlights as a getaway driver.
The Santa Clara Sheriff's Office on Wednesday confirmed to The Associated Press that the 31-year-old Kelly threw the wiener at Woods.
Kelly was arrested for disturbing the peace on Sunday after yelling Woods' name and tossing a hot dog in his direction during the Frys.com Open in San Martin.
Woods backed off his birdie putt during the disturbance and ended up missing.
Sgt. Jose Cardoza told the newspaper that the offense would likely result in a fine and community service.
Information from: The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, http://www.pressdemocrat.com
california, tiger woods, sports
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 48 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police