Funeral arrangements for Joe Frazier
November 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Family release statement on Joe Frazier's funeral:
"The Family of Boxing Great, Smokin' Joe Frazier has finalized plans for his Home Going Service, which will take place on Monday, November 14, 2011 at Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church where Reverend Dr. Alyn E. Waller is the Senior Pastor. From 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. guests are welcome to offer silent prayers and sit in the church sanctuary. From 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. guests are welcome to offer silent prayers and sit in the church sanctuary. The casket will be closed. The Home Going service will start at 11:00 a.m.
Prior to the service on Monday, this Friday, November 11, 2011, 10am-5pm, and on Saturday, November 12, 2011, from 10am-1pm, the body of Joe Frazier will lay in state at the Wells Fargo Center at 3601 South Broad Street. This will be an opportunity for his many fans, supporters and boxing lovers from around the world to pay their final respects to Joe Frazier.
The Family of Joe Frazier continues to stress that they want everyone to know that Joe Frazier was a man of God and a man who loved all of his family. Smokin' Joe's Family also wants the world to know that he transitioned from this life as "One of God's Men." The family thanks everyone for their prayers for their Father, and vast outpouring of love and support. In lieu of flowers, the Frazier family asks you to send donations to The American Cancer Society. Make checks payable to ACS, Inc., 8400 Silver Crossing, Oklahoma City, Ok, 73132. Please include in your memo on the check: In memory of Joe Frazier."
philadelphia, pennsylvania, boxing, joe frazier, sports
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry