Temple to meet Wyoming in New Mexico Bowl
December 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Temple will meet the University of Wyoming in the first bowl game of the season.
The Owls and Cowboys will both enter the New Mexico Bowl with 8-4 records.
In a press release, Gildan New Mexico Bowl Executive Director Jeff Siembieda said, "This is a great matchup to kick off the bowl season and will be a treat for fans in New Mexico and throughout the nation. To be able to put together a pair of 8-4 teams who have this much talent and are both playing well should make for a fantastic game."
Siembieda stated it is exciting to bring Temple to the state of New Mexico.
"This is a very exciting football team with tremendous talent. I know football fans in this region, and everywhere else are going to really like Temple football," Siembieda said
The last time, and only time, these two met was back on September 1, 1990. Wyoming won 38-23.
This will be the second bowl game in three years for Temple. In 2009, the Owls came up on the losing end versus UCLA at the EagleBank Bowl, 30-21. It was their first bowl game in 30 years.
The game will take place at 2:00 pm on Saturday, December 17th at University Stadium in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
It will be broadcasted on 6abc's sister station ESPN.
temple, temple owls, wyoming, new mexico, sports
- Police search for missing Delco mother 46 min ago
- Record Warmth! 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
43 min ago