Temple to meet Wyoming in New Mexico Bowl
December 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Temple will meet the University of Wyoming in the first bowl game of the season.
The Owls and Cowboys will both enter the New Mexico Bowl with 8-4 records.
In a press release, Gildan New Mexico Bowl Executive Director Jeff Siembieda said, "This is a great matchup to kick off the bowl season and will be a treat for fans in New Mexico and throughout the nation. To be able to put together a pair of 8-4 teams who have this much talent and are both playing well should make for a fantastic game."
Siembieda stated it is exciting to bring Temple to the state of New Mexico.
"This is a very exciting football team with tremendous talent. I know football fans in this region, and everywhere else are going to really like Temple football," Siembieda said
The last time, and only time, these two met was back on September 1, 1990. Wyoming won 38-23.
This will be the second bowl game in three years for Temple. In 2009, the Owls came up on the losing end versus UCLA at the EagleBank Bowl, 30-21. It was their first bowl game in 30 years.
The game will take place at 2:00 pm on Saturday, December 17th at University Stadium in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
It will be broadcasted on 6abc's sister station ESPN.
temple, temple owls, wyoming, new mexico, sports
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 1 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more