Temple to meet Wyoming in New Mexico Bowl
December 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Temple will meet the University of Wyoming in the first bowl game of the season.
The Owls and Cowboys will both enter the New Mexico Bowl with 8-4 records.
In a press release, Gildan New Mexico Bowl Executive Director Jeff Siembieda said, "This is a great matchup to kick off the bowl season and will be a treat for fans in New Mexico and throughout the nation. To be able to put together a pair of 8-4 teams who have this much talent and are both playing well should make for a fantastic game."
Siembieda stated it is exciting to bring Temple to the state of New Mexico.
"This is a very exciting football team with tremendous talent. I know football fans in this region, and everywhere else are going to really like Temple football," Siembieda said
The last time, and only time, these two met was back on September 1, 1990. Wyoming won 38-23.
This will be the second bowl game in three years for Temple. In 2009, the Owls came up on the losing end versus UCLA at the EagleBank Bowl, 30-21. It was their first bowl game in 30 years.
The game will take place at 2:00 pm on Saturday, December 17th at University Stadium in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
It will be broadcasted on 6abc's sister station ESPN.
temple, temple owls, wyoming, new mexico, sports
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list