Temple RB Pierce will not return for senior season
PHILADELHPIA (AP) - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Temple running back Bernard Pierce will not return for his senior season and will declare for the NFL draft.
Pierce told The Associated Press his decision late Thursday night.
Helping to turn the Owls from one of the one worst programs in college football into a consistent bowl team, Pierce rushed for 3,570 yards over his three-year career with a school-record 52 touchdowns. He rushed for 100 yards on 25 carries and two touchdowns in Temple's 37-15 New Mexico Bowl victory over Wyoming in December.
Pierce says he's leaving because he's accomplished all he wanted at Temple. He says he will train in Atlanta and intends to return to Temple to complete his degree.
temple, temple owls, temple university, nfl, sports
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 52 min ago