Temple RB Pierce will not return for senior season
PHILADELHPIA (AP) - January 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Temple running back Bernard Pierce will not return for his senior season and will declare for the NFL draft.
Pierce told The Associated Press his decision late Thursday night.
Helping to turn the Owls from one of the one worst programs in college football into a consistent bowl team, Pierce rushed for 3,570 yards over his three-year career with a school-record 52 touchdowns. He rushed for 100 yards on 25 carries and two touchdowns in Temple's 37-15 New Mexico Bowl victory over Wyoming in December.
Pierce says he's leaving because he's accomplished all he wanted at Temple. He says he will train in Atlanta and intends to return to Temple to complete his degree.
temple, temple owls, temple university, nfl, sports
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish