Giants to celebrate Super Bowl win at stadium
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - February 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- There will be a Super Bowl party in the swamps of Jersey after the Giants celebrate their victory at a ticket-tape parade in New York's "Canyon of Heroes."
Gates at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford will open at 2:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Admission and parking are free. Tailgating will be permitted.
Gov. Chris Christie will be on hand to congratulate the team for Sunday's 21-17 victory over the New England Patriots.
Christie kept his promise and reserved seats for a 10-year-old from Bridgewater and his family.
Adam Bernstein had asked Christie at a recent town hall meeting whether the Giants would celebrate a Super Bowl win in New York or New Jersey. Christie offered the boy to be his guest at the stadium where the team plays.
super bowl, sports
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 36 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 44 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 35 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 32 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 25 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
36 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
35 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
32 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
25 min ago