AP Sources: Wrestlemania coming to N.J. in 2013
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- WrestleMania is coming to MetLife Stadium in 2013.
Three sources close to the NFL, New Jersey politics and sports in northern New Jersey told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the annual wrestling event would be coming to the Meadowlands next year. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because Gov. Chris Christie will hold a news conference Thursday at the two-year-old stadium to announce a major international event.
Executives of the Super Bowl-champion Giants and the Jets, who co-own the stadium, also plan to attend.
Wrestlemania will be held in Miami in April. The event, which has a week's worth of activities, generally fills stadiums. Last year's event in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta drew a crowd of 71,617 and generated millions in revenue for the region.
wrestling, new jersey, sports
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 6 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 33 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 27 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 25 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 45 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
27 min ago