AP Sources: Wrestlemania coming to N.J. in 2013
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- WrestleMania is coming to MetLife Stadium in 2013.
Three sources close to the NFL, New Jersey politics and sports in northern New Jersey told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the annual wrestling event would be coming to the Meadowlands next year. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because Gov. Chris Christie will hold a news conference Thursday at the two-year-old stadium to announce a major international event.
Executives of the Super Bowl-champion Giants and the Jets, who co-own the stadium, also plan to attend.
Wrestlemania will be held in Miami in April. The event, which has a week's worth of activities, generally fills stadiums. Last year's event in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta drew a crowd of 71,617 and generated millions in revenue for the region.
wrestling, new jersey, sports
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 28 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 26 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 27 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
45 min ago