Drexel wins 15 in a row, beats Cleveland St 69-49
CLEVELAND (AP) - February 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Damion Lee scored 18 points and Drexel used a strong first half to pull away for a 69-49 win over Cleveland State on Saturday.
Daryl McCoy had 13 points and nine rebounds for the Dragons (23-5), who won their 15th consecutive game in the Bracket Buster matchup. Sammie Givens had eight points and a game-high 14 rebounds.
Drexel took a 19-3 lead on a layup by Chris Fouch. The Dragons went into halftime with a 16-point lead and claimed a 60-31 lead - their largest of the game - on Fouch's 3-pointer.
Fouch and Frantz Massenat each finished with 10 points for Drexel.
Trevon Harmon scored 23 points and was the only player to score in double figures for Cleveland State (20-8), which has lost four straight. The Vikings struggled from the field, shooting 27 percent (17 of 63) and made 7 of 28 shots from beyond the arc.
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 35 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish