Wyatt's 24 helps Temple down Duquesne 78-59
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - February 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Khalif Wyatt scored 24 points and Juan Fernandez 20 as Temple dominated Duquesne 78-58 Saturday in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
The Owls (21-5, 10-2) won their 10th straight to stay atop the A-10 (21-5, 10-2). Duquesne fell to 15-11, 6-6 in A-10 play.
Wyatt and Fernandez combined for 18 of Temple's 30 field goals. Wyatt was 11 for 17 from the floor and grabbed five rebounds. Fernandez, who made 7 of 9 shots from the field, hit six of his seven treys.
Temple shot 57.7 percent from the floor (30 of 52). The Dukes, meanwhile, shot just 36.5 percent (23 of 63). Guard B.J. Monteiro, was the only Duke in double figures, with 20 points on 8-of-16 shooting.
Temple was 10 of 19 from beyond the arc, Duquesne 5 of 17. The Owls had 20 assists (eight by Ramone Moore, six by Fernandez) to nine for Duquesne.
temple, temple owls, sports
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 50 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
50 min ago