Wyatt's 24 helps Temple down Duquesne 78-59
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - February 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Khalif Wyatt scored 24 points and Juan Fernandez 20 as Temple dominated Duquesne 78-58 Saturday in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
The Owls (21-5, 10-2) won their 10th straight to stay atop the A-10 (21-5, 10-2). Duquesne fell to 15-11, 6-6 in A-10 play.
Wyatt and Fernandez combined for 18 of Temple's 30 field goals. Wyatt was 11 for 17 from the floor and grabbed five rebounds. Fernandez, who made 7 of 9 shots from the field, hit six of his seven treys.
Temple shot 57.7 percent from the floor (30 of 52). The Dukes, meanwhile, shot just 36.5 percent (23 of 63). Guard B.J. Monteiro, was the only Duke in double figures, with 20 points on 8-of-16 shooting.
Temple was 10 of 19 from beyond the arc, Duquesne 5 of 17. The Owls had 20 assists (eight by Ramone Moore, six by Fernandez) to nine for Duquesne.
temple, temple owls, sports
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 1 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?