Wyatt's 24 helps Temple down Duquesne 78-59
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - February 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Khalif Wyatt scored 24 points and Juan Fernandez 20 as Temple dominated Duquesne 78-58 Saturday in Atlantic 10 Conference play.
The Owls (21-5, 10-2) won their 10th straight to stay atop the A-10 (21-5, 10-2). Duquesne fell to 15-11, 6-6 in A-10 play.
Wyatt and Fernandez combined for 18 of Temple's 30 field goals. Wyatt was 11 for 17 from the floor and grabbed five rebounds. Fernandez, who made 7 of 9 shots from the field, hit six of his seven treys.
Temple shot 57.7 percent from the floor (30 of 52). The Dukes, meanwhile, shot just 36.5 percent (23 of 63). Guard B.J. Monteiro, was the only Duke in double figures, with 20 points on 8-of-16 shooting.
Temple was 10 of 19 from beyond the arc, Duquesne 5 of 17. The Owls had 20 assists (eight by Ramone Moore, six by Fernandez) to nine for Duquesne.
temple, temple owls, sports
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 31 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 59 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber