Sixers' Hawes to miss at least two more weeks
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Center Spencer Hawes will miss at least the next two weeks because of a strained left Achilles that has forced him to sit out the Philadelphia 76ers' last nine games.
Hawes was examined by Dr. Richard Ferkel of the Southern California Orthopedic Institute during the All-Star break, the team said in a statement released Monday. He will no longer wear a protective boot on his left foot, but it's uncertain when he'll play again.
The Atlantic Division-leading Sixers have lost five straight games. They are 12-2 with Hawes in the lineup, 8-12 without him. The 7-footer is averaging 10.5 points and a team-high 8.3 rebounds per game.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, sports
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 53 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 52 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 29 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
52 min ago