Drexel eliminates Old Dominion 68-51 in CAA semis
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Frantz Massenat scored 20 points, Damion Lee had 17 and top-seeded Drexel won its 19th consecutive game, beating Old Dominion 68-51 Sunday to advance to the championship of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
The Dragons (27-5) used an 11-2 run early in the second half to stretch a seven-point lead to 41-25. The Monarchs got within 46-38 with 7:58 to play, but Drexel answered with a 9-2 burst over the next 1 ½ minutes to reach its first CAA final since the 2002 season.
Drexel advanced to the CAA tourney final Monday night.
Kent Bazemore and Chris Cooper had 12 points each to lead the fourth-seeded Monarchs (20-13), who had won the last two tournaments.
Bazemore got his points on 6-for-20 shooting and wasn't alone as ODU shot just 33 percent and missed 15 of 18 3-point tries.
Chris Fouch hit four 3-pointers and added 16 points for the Dragons.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ