Drexel eliminates Old Dominion 68-51 in CAA semis
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Frantz Massenat scored 20 points, Damion Lee had 17 and top-seeded Drexel won its 19th consecutive game, beating Old Dominion 68-51 Sunday to advance to the championship of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
The Dragons (27-5) used an 11-2 run early in the second half to stretch a seven-point lead to 41-25. The Monarchs got within 46-38 with 7:58 to play, but Drexel answered with a 9-2 burst over the next 1 ½ minutes to reach its first CAA final since the 2002 season.
Drexel advanced to the CAA tourney final Monday night.
Kent Bazemore and Chris Cooper had 12 points each to lead the fourth-seeded Monarchs (20-13), who had won the last two tournaments.
Bazemore got his points on 6-for-20 shooting and wasn't alone as ODU shot just 33 percent and missed 15 of 18 3-point tries.
Chris Fouch hit four 3-pointers and added 16 points for the Dragons.
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad 56 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting