South Florida upsets Temple 58-44 after cold start
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - March 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Victor Rudd Jr. and Anthony Collins each scored 17 points, and the South Florida Bulls shook off a frigid first 20 minutes, upsetting fifth-seeded Temple 58-44 Friday night in the Midwest Regional.
The No. 12 seeded Bulls (22-13) took it to the Atlantic 10 regular season champ with their bruising, Big East-style play and held Temple 20 points below its previous season low in scoring.
That allowed the Bulls, who beat California 65-54 in Dayton on Wednesday night, to overcome a first half in which they went nearly 16 minutes without a field goal and missed 22 straight. In their third NCAA tournament, the Bulls will play No. 13 seed Ohio, a 65-60 winner over Michigan, on Sunday.
Khalif Wyatt led Temple (24-8) with 19 points, and Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson had 10.
temple owls, ncaa basketball, tennessee, sports
- Comfortable, but breezy. 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 59 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Comfortable, but breezy.
14 min ago