Givens leads Drexel over Northern Iowa in NIT
PHILADELPHIA - March 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Samme Givens scored 28 points to lead Drexel to a 65-63 win over Northern Iowa on Sunday in the second round of the NIT.
Chris Fouch added 16 points for the Dragons (29-6), who host Massachusetts in a quarterfinal game on Tuesday.
Johnny Moran scored 19 points to lead Northern Iowa (20-14).
Drexel led by as many as 18 in the first half before Moran's 3-pointer with 34.6 seconds left closed the margin to 61-60. Northern Iowa then fouled Givens out of a timeout and he made 1 of 2 free throws with 24.3 seconds to go.
The Panthers' Anthony James missed a driving layup at the other end and Damion Lee hit two free throws with 12.9 seconds left to make it 64-60.
Chip Rank gave the Panthers life with a 3-pointer with 6.1 seconds remaining, but Frantz Massenat made 1 of 2 free throws before Moran's last-second 3-point attempt went off the back rim.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, drexel, sports
- School closings and delays 5 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 39 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos