Report: Manning negotiating to join Broncos
DENVER - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- ESPN is reporting that Peyton Manning is negotiating to join the Denver Broncos.
Citing anonymous sources Monday, ESPN said that the four-time MVP has instructed agent Tom Condon to negotiate to complete a deal with Denver. Manning became a free agent when the Indianapolis Colts released him March 7 after the quarterback missed all of last season because of multiple neck surgeries.
The addition of Manning could well lead to the trade of Tim Tebow, who energized the Broncos in leading them to the playoffs last season despite his uneven play.
The San Francisco 49ers and the Tennessee Titans have been the other teams considered finalists in the race to sign Manning.
peyton manning, denver broncos, tim tebow, sports
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 40 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 39 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 38 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt 45 min ago
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery 41 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 33 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 31 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
35 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
40 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
29 min ago