Kentucky off to title game, beats Louisville 69-61
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Player of the year Anthony Davis has Kentucky right where it expected to be, in the national title game, scoring 18 points and 14 rebounds as the Wildcats held off pesky Louisville 69-61 on Saturday night.
As the final seconds ticked down, Davis screamed at the crowd and pointed to the court as if to say, "This is our house."
Yes, yes it is.
Louisville (30-10) rallied from a 13-point deficit, tying the game at 49 on a 3-pointer from NBA range by Peyton Siva with 9:11 to play. But Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who played sparingly because of foul trouble, made back-to-back buckets to give the Wildcats some breathing room. Darius Miller then made a 3 - Kentucky's second of the game - to give the Wildcats control for good.
Kentucky (37-2) will play the winner of Kansas-Ohio State in Monday night's title game.
ncaa basketball, sports
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 44 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 13 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 31 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest