Kentucky off to title game, beats Louisville 69-61
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Player of the year Anthony Davis has Kentucky right where it expected to be, in the national title game, scoring 18 points and 14 rebounds as the Wildcats held off pesky Louisville 69-61 on Saturday night.
As the final seconds ticked down, Davis screamed at the crowd and pointed to the court as if to say, "This is our house."
Yes, yes it is.
Louisville (30-10) rallied from a 13-point deficit, tying the game at 49 on a 3-pointer from NBA range by Peyton Siva with 9:11 to play. But Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who played sparingly because of foul trouble, made back-to-back buckets to give the Wildcats some breathing room. Darius Miller then made a 3 - Kentucky's second of the game - to give the Wildcats control for good.
Kentucky (37-2) will play the winner of Kansas-Ohio State in Monday night's title game.
ncaa basketball, sports
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book