Ex-NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf arrested in Montana
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Montana say ex-NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf broke into an acquaintance's home and stole a bottle of prescription painkillers.
Central Montana Drug Task Force Commander Chris Hickman says he has reason to believe Leaf may have done the same to others, and he is asking other victims to come forward.
Leaf was arrested Friday in Great Falls after police searched him and his vehicle and found 28 oxycodone pills, a narcotic painkiller for which he did not have a prescription.
Leaf was charged with burglary, possession of a dangerous drug and theft. He is free on $76,000 bond.
Hickman says the arrest capped a monthlong investigation that began when postal workers provided a tip that Leaf was receiving small, cash-on-delivery packages once or twice a week worth $500 or more.
nfl, montana, theft, sports
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 35 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 27 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
21 min ago