Green, Brooks help Nets top 76ers 95-89
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gerald Green scored 23 points, and Kris Humphries had 18 points and 13 rebounds to lead the New Jersey Nets to a 95-89 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night.
Deron Williams had 11 points and 10 assists, MarShon Brooks scored 22 points and Jordan Williams had 13. New Jersey's 13 road wins are four more than they have at home.
Jrue Holiday led the Sixers with 19 points, Evan Turner had 18 and Thaddeus Young 13.
The Sixers snapped a two-game winning streak and suffered a big blow in their push up the Eastern Conference standings. They started the game clinging to seventh place and play six of their final seven games on the road. This was a game they could not afford to lose.
The Sixers, who started 20-9, have not won three straight games since March 7-11.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, sports
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 15 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 14 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie 11 min ago
- Down At The Shore