Raiders' receiver Heyward-Bey charged with DUI
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - May 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say Oakland Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey has been charged with misdemeanor drunken driving following his arrest last month after a traffic stop on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
California Highway Patrol Officer Tony Tam says Heyward-Bey was driving his 2012 Range Rover on the lower deck of the bridge on April 7 when he was pulled over by a CHP officer who saw him speeding and weaving.
Tam says the 25-year-old Heyward-Bey was arrested after failing a field sobriety test. Authorities have not said what his blood-alcohol level was at the time of the incident.
Heyward-Bey was the Raiders first-round draft pick in 2009. He had a breakout season in 2011 after struggling in his first two years.
Team officials did not immediately return a call seeking comment about the charges.
Heyward-Bey is due in court on May 31.
DUI, san francisco, california, sports
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 36 min ago