Tiger Woods' agent arrested for DWI in NY
NEW YORK (AP) - June 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tiger Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, has been arrested on drunken driving charges in suburban New York.
Police say Steinberg was stopped during a sobriety checkpoint Saturday night in Ardsley and arrested on DWI and aggravated DWI charges.
Sgt. David Fisher says Steinberg, who told authorities who he was, was arrested after he was issued a field sobriety test. Police say his blood alcohol content was .18 percent. The legal limit in New York for DWI is .08 percent.
Woods says he spoke to Steinberg before Sunday's final round at the Memorial. Woods, who won the tournament, declined further comment.
Steinberg did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment.
tiger woods, new york, sports
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 24 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar