Tiger Woods' agent arrested for DWI in NY
NEW YORK (AP) - June 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tiger Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, has been arrested on drunken driving charges in suburban New York.
Police say Steinberg was stopped during a sobriety checkpoint Saturday night in Ardsley and arrested on DWI and aggravated DWI charges.
Sgt. David Fisher says Steinberg, who told authorities who he was, was arrested after he was issued a field sobriety test. Police say his blood alcohol content was .18 percent. The legal limit in New York for DWI is .08 percent.
Woods says he spoke to Steinberg before Sunday's final round at the Memorial. Woods, who won the tournament, declined further comment.
Steinberg did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment.
tiger woods, new york, sports
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 40 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 9 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 36 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 36 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Street-level interactive weather map
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos