Johnson dominant at Indy, wins 4th Brickyard 400
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - July 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jimmie Johnson stamped another exclamation point on his racing resume, winning his fourth career Brickyard 400 with a dominant drive at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday.
With the victory, Johnson joined Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon as the only NASCAR drivers to win four times at the historic 2.5-mile track, which has hosted stock car racing since 1994.
Kyle Busch finished second, followed by Greg Biffle, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Gordon. Polesitter Denny Hamlin was sixth.
It was a rough day for Matt Kenseth, who came into Sunday's race with the Sprint Cup Series points lead but was taken out of the race in a late collision with Joey Logano.
- 2 dead in police involved shootings 9 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 12 min ago
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
12 min ago