Did Usain Bolt have a gold medal run?
LONDON (AP) - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pulling away from the pack with every long stride, Usain Bolt crossed the finish line and wagged his right index finger.
Bolt joined Carl Lewis as only the second man to go back-to-back in track's biggest race.
Bolt's training partner and fellow Jamaican, Yohan Blake, finished second in 9.75. American Justin Gatlin took bronze in 9.79.
Bolt fell shy of his world record of 9.58 seconds but improved on the 9.69 he ran four years ago in Beijing to enter his name, once again, in the Olympic record book.
After taking half a victory lap around the track, he stopped, kissed the track and gave his now-famous "To The World" pose, pointing both fingers in the air while the fans screamed.
olympics, london, sports
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 43 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 26 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 29 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police