Did Usain Bolt have a gold medal run?
LONDON (AP) - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pulling away from the pack with every long stride, Usain Bolt crossed the finish line and wagged his right index finger.
Bolt joined Carl Lewis as only the second man to go back-to-back in track's biggest race.
Bolt's training partner and fellow Jamaican, Yohan Blake, finished second in 9.75. American Justin Gatlin took bronze in 9.79.
Bolt fell shy of his world record of 9.58 seconds but improved on the 9.69 he ran four years ago in Beijing to enter his name, once again, in the Olympic record book.
After taking half a victory lap around the track, he stopped, kissed the track and gave his now-famous "To The World" pose, pointing both fingers in the air while the fans screamed.
olympics, london, sports
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 58 min ago
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
58 min ago
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
35 min ago