Did Usain Bolt have a gold medal run?
LONDON (AP) - August 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pulling away from the pack with every long stride, Usain Bolt crossed the finish line and wagged his right index finger.
Bolt joined Carl Lewis as only the second man to go back-to-back in track's biggest race.
Bolt's training partner and fellow Jamaican, Yohan Blake, finished second in 9.75. American Justin Gatlin took bronze in 9.79.
Bolt fell shy of his world record of 9.58 seconds but improved on the 9.69 he ran four years ago in Beijing to enter his name, once again, in the Olympic record book.
After taking half a victory lap around the track, he stopped, kissed the track and gave his now-famous "To The World" pose, pointing both fingers in the air while the fans screamed.
olympics, london, sports
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 51 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 21 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 11 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 32 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
51 min ago