Ambrose wins again at Watkins Glen
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (AP) - August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Marcos Ambrose passed Brad Keselowski on the final lap, then held him off in a fender-banging duel to win the Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International for the second straight time.
Kyle Busch was in control but was leaking oil on the track and skidded sideways coming out of the first turn of the final lap. Keselowski's No. 2 Dodge caromed off the side of the No. 18 Toyota and Ambrose followed Keselowski through.
Ambrose and Keselowski battled side by side the rest of the way around the 2.45-mile layout, with neither giving ground before Ambrose moved in front heading to the checkered flag.
Jimmie Johnson was third, followed by Sonoma winner Clint Bowyer and Sam Hornish Jr., giving Dodge two in the top five.
Greg Biffle was sixth, followed by Busch, Matt Kenseth, Regan Smith and Martin Truex Jr. rounded out the top 10.
new york, nascar, sports
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 10 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 22 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 47 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 36 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos