Ambrose wins again at Watkins Glen
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (AP) - August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Marcos Ambrose passed Brad Keselowski on the final lap, then held him off in a fender-banging duel to win the Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International for the second straight time.
Kyle Busch was in control but was leaking oil on the track and skidded sideways coming out of the first turn of the final lap. Keselowski's No. 2 Dodge caromed off the side of the No. 18 Toyota and Ambrose followed Keselowski through.
Ambrose and Keselowski battled side by side the rest of the way around the 2.45-mile layout, with neither giving ground before Ambrose moved in front heading to the checkered flag.
Jimmie Johnson was third, followed by Sonoma winner Clint Bowyer and Sam Hornish Jr., giving Dodge two in the top five.
Greg Biffle was sixth, followed by Busch, Matt Kenseth, Regan Smith and Martin Truex Jr. rounded out the top 10.
new york, nascar, sports
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids