Ambrose wins again at Watkins Glen
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (AP) - August 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Marcos Ambrose passed Brad Keselowski on the final lap, then held him off in a fender-banging duel to win the Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International for the second straight time.
Kyle Busch was in control but was leaking oil on the track and skidded sideways coming out of the first turn of the final lap. Keselowski's No. 2 Dodge caromed off the side of the No. 18 Toyota and Ambrose followed Keselowski through.
Ambrose and Keselowski battled side by side the rest of the way around the 2.45-mile layout, with neither giving ground before Ambrose moved in front heading to the checkered flag.
Jimmie Johnson was third, followed by Sonoma winner Clint Bowyer and Sam Hornish Jr., giving Dodge two in the top five.
Greg Biffle was sixth, followed by Busch, Matt Kenseth, Regan Smith and Martin Truex Jr. rounded out the top 10.
new york, nascar, sports
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl awaiting transplant 18-months later 13 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire 14 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; hundreds rescued 19 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore