October not the same without Yanks' missing man
NEW YORK (AP) - October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A player stood at shortstop at Yankee Stadium, yet the shortstop was missing.
For 16 years and 158 consecutive games, Derek Jeter had been in the New York Yankees' postseason lineup, the Lou Gehrig and Cal Ripken of October.
But Jeter was absent for Game 2 of the AL championship series against Detroit on Sunday, a day after breaking his left ankle while fielding a grounder.
Jayson Nix took Jeter's spot in the New York lineup.
new york yankees, new york, sports
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish