NHL cancels games through Nov. 1
NEW YORK - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The NHL has canceled more games while holding out hope it can squeeze in a full regular-season schedule.
A day after the league turned down three counterproposals from players, the NHL wiped out the third week of the season on Friday.
A total of 135 games through Nov. 1 have been canceled, which amounts to 11 percent of the season.
In its third lockout since 1994, the NHL is sticking to its most recent proposal that stated a full 82-game-per-team schedule could be played if the season begins by Nov. 2. The league says a deal must be reached with the union by Thursday for that to happen.
Two weeks ago, the league called off 82 games from Oct. 11- 24, and another 53 were canceled Friday.
No new talks have been scheduled.
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 48 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 6 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
6 min ago