Penn State pounds Iowa 38-14 for 5th straight win
IOWA CITY, Iowa - October 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bill Belton ran for 103 yards and three touchdowns and surging Penn State throttled Iowa 38-14 on Saturday night for its fifth straight win.
Matt McGloin threw for 289 yards and a pair of TDs for the Nittany Lions, who beat the Hawkeyes in Iowa City for the first time in 13 years.
Penn State (5-2, 3-0) took the suspense of this matchup between previously-unbeaten Big Ten teams by storming out to a 24-0 lead at halftime. The Nittany Lions scored again just 27 seconds into the second half to go ahead 31-0.
James Vandenberg threw for 189 yards for Iowa (4-3, 2-1). The Hawkeyes were held to just 209 yards of offense and tacked on a pair of late touchdowns that made the final score seem much closer than the game ever really was.
penn state, sports
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
56 min ago