Penn State pounds Iowa 38-14 for 5th straight win
IOWA CITY, Iowa - October 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bill Belton ran for 103 yards and three touchdowns and surging Penn State throttled Iowa 38-14 on Saturday night for its fifth straight win.
Matt McGloin threw for 289 yards and a pair of TDs for the Nittany Lions, who beat the Hawkeyes in Iowa City for the first time in 13 years.
Penn State (5-2, 3-0) took the suspense of this matchup between previously-unbeaten Big Ten teams by storming out to a 24-0 lead at halftime. The Nittany Lions scored again just 27 seconds into the second half to go ahead 31-0.
James Vandenberg threw for 189 yards for Iowa (4-3, 2-1). The Hawkeyes were held to just 209 yards of offense and tacked on a pair of late touchdowns that made the final score seem much closer than the game ever really was.
penn state, sports
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 2 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 39 min ago
- Temps Soar