76ers will honor former stars on opening night
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia 76ers are bringing back former stars Moses Malone and Dikembe Mutombo as part of their opening night festivities on Wednesday.
The stars return as the Sixers kick off the start of their 50th anniversary celebration. They will wear their new alternate blue uniforms, usually worn on the road, and every fan in the arena will receive a 50th anniversary blue T-shirt.
The Sixers also upgraded their overhead scoreboard so the entire box score will be displayed. Their biggest attraction won't be injured 7-footer Andrew Bynum, but their new 10-foot, 600-pound T-shirt launcher dubbed "Big Bella," which shoots 100 shirts between 15 and 20 seconds.
Sixers CEO Adam Aron says they also will parachute T-shirts and other merchandise or tickets from the top of the arena into the stands.
philadelphia 76ers, philadelphia, sports
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility 9 min ago
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia