Millville's Mike Trout voted AL Rookie of the Year
NEW YORK (AP) - November 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels and Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals have been voted Rookies of the Year for their breakout seasons following late-April call-ups from the minor leagues.
Trout received all 28 first-place votes from the Baseball Writers' Association of America's AL panel and was the eighth unanimous AL pick and the first since Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria in 2008.
Harper got 16 of 32 first-place votes and 112 points from the NL panel. Arizona pitcher Wade Miley was second with 12 first-place votes and 105 points, followed by Cincinnati slugger Todd Frazier with three firsts and 45 points.
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 1 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 58 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 14 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ